lundi 9 octobre 2017

Strength training every day?

I don't mean alternating upper body vs. lower body. I'm asking if there's any evidence that light (not pushing to failure) strength exercises work if you do them daily. In basic training, I don't think soldiers take a break from pushups and chin-ups and whatever torture drill sergeants can devise for a daily regimen. People who get strong on their job are working every day.

I started some strength work a week ago, and so far I have had no muscle soreness, which usually tells me I'm making progress. Walking dumbbell lunges used to make me very sore when I first started them. Even though I exercise fairly close to the point of failure, and sometimes reach it, my body has not been sore at all. I'm not putting quite as much emphasis on lifting the maximum, but trying to do lower weights with better form, but I do push myself till I feel the "burn," and usually do 3 sets. This is a mix of basically calisthenics, free weights and some machines.

One basic thing has changed since previous efforts: I now spend 5 hours a day on my feet, moving around, sometimes squatting. This has done phenomenal things for endurance, and it is probably exercising core muscles I never think about, and I do it 5 days or more per week.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2y9DYD9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire