jeudi 9 novembre 2017

A good thing happened for me. Baroque music related.

So for about 8 or so years now I have been taking lessons from a seriously accomplished harpsichord teacher.

During that time I have aquired a harpsichord and 2 clavichords.

I have worked very hard trying to become a better player (I've played keyboard off and on my whole life)
I have challenges of some hearing damage which can make listening quite painful at times.
I also have physical issues with my hands, shoulders, and upper body. Getting old ain't for sissies! A career of
computer work hasn't helped.

I have fought through all this to try to be a better musician and because it gives me joy.
My teacher has retired from performing leaving a bit of a void in the early music scene in our city.


So, turns out in December a hot shot musician is coming into town to play with our chamber orchestra for a night of baroque music. The orchestra is
renting one of my teachers instruments. A big-assed french double manual harpsichord.

Well, at my teachers recommendation, little old me has been hired to do the harpsichord tunings for all the rehearsals and for
the live performance concert night.

I feel incredibly honoured. And its a paying job. Perfectly timed as I start my retirement the week after.
And it could lead to more similar work.

I'm just blown away and grateful. And humbled.

I'm being asked to be a contributing part of a serious musical event. I've worked so hard and suffered a lot. But it has come to mean a little something.

Feeling, terrified, happy, awed.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2jdCNxN

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire