mardi 7 novembre 2017

Women gives Trump the finger, is fired.

I've been expecting this topic to appear in the Forum but I have yet to see it. If I've missed a relevant thread please just merge this to it.

Juli Briskman was riding a bicycle and encountered the Trump motorcade. She gave Trump the middle finger, an act that "went viral" in the social media. She was subsequently fired from her job for her action.

Her firing appears to me to be morally reprehensible. Her action was non-violent, was not linked to her job or her company in any manner, and represented her using her freedom to make a political statement.

Frankly I am surprised that the Forum members who have rigorously defended the "freedom of speech" of the Nazis and KKK have not already rushed to this women's defense. I use the quotes to indicate that in both incidents we are not discussing the 1st amendment freedom of speech relating to government restrictions but the more general use of this term. Her firing was probably legal; I am questioning its moral legitimacy.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2iE8Mmx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire