dimanche 31 décembre 2017

Weird GFX card fan problem

I've recently gotten a new GFX card (Geforce GTX 1060 mini) but encountered an odd problem.

I'll probably have to go to a repair shop, but maybe someone here has an answer.

As long as my computer is on, everything is fine, the card works as expected and the fan behaves as it should.
But when I turn my computer off, the fan just kicks into overdrive and keeps spinning at maximum speed.
This keeps going until I turn of the mains from my power supply.

Now I *suspect* the problem is that as long as my computer is on, it can monitor temperature and spin normally, but once I turn it off the card can no longer detect temperature, but the fan can still draw power from my power supply and just goes haywire.
It's not a huge issue as I can just flick a switch and take mains power away from the power supply (it has no on/off switch itself), but I do think it is odd.
Anyone any ideas?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2EtnPtF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire