lundi 8 janvier 2018

Ginuary/Dry January

There looks to be two trends to drinking in the UK at the moment and they seem to be diametrically opposed.

The one I have adopted this year, as I have for most of the last 20 years, is to avoid alcohol for January altogether in order to give my poor, overworked, liver a rest. When I used to smoke I also used to give up cigarettes for January as well.

At least one member of Wyld Bird Seed has cocked a snook at self-denial and instead has opted to take part in Ginuary - in which he is trying a new and different gin every day in January - in celebration of the UK's burgeoning gin industry.

Are you adopting either of these extremes or is January just business as usual for you ? Another set of beneficiaries from Dry January will be local charities. Mrs Don and I donate anything we would have spent on alcohol to charity at nominal pub retail prices.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2m7ate7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire