dimanche 14 janvier 2018

Glitch with audio file

I'm having the most bizarre experience with this insane glitch with an audio file.

I'm trying to transcribe music for a band. They sent me the files via google drive. The way it works is, I play the files on google drive, listen to a bit, hit pause, take notation of the timecode where I paused, notate the music, scroll back a few seconds to start from the previous bar, and hit play again. It's the way I've been doing it for decades.

Today, with one of the tunes, I was doing that, and I realized that after I hit pause, and transcribed the music, when I scrolled a few seconds back and hit play again, the song was not playing where I left off. I tried this several times again, but it was definitely not playing the music where I originally hit pause.

So I tried downloading the file because I assumed this was a streaming issue. And guess what: Even with the downloaded file, the problem persists!!! Basically, if you hit pause and then scroll back a few seconds, the song is now starting from that timecode.

This makes no *********** sense. How can a downloaded file be changing the timecode at which the song starts??? What the **** is happening here?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2r63w2B

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire