samedi 6 janvier 2018

Ring doorbell and bandwith

Anyone have a Ring doorbell with...minimal data speeds?

My wife uses facetime quite a bit. I use WebEX conferencing with video from time to time. Even did a lot of Google hangouts for work. All this on DSL. I just assumed a doorbell camera would be fine.

Tried the Ring doorbell (not the pro with the HD camera) and... it's completely unusable. When I push the button, the app pops up, but audio is so chopped up it's not understandable, and video is normally a spinning ring. Sometimes it's a blocky frame or two.

Apparently it's recommended to have 1Mbit/s upload to work this thing. My DSL is probably closer to 400kbit/s on a good day. Why do my other audio/video conferencing apps work, but this thing can't cope?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2m6NCjy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire