mercredi 17 janvier 2018

Tensors and GR

I'm finally taking a graduate-level course in General Relativity & Cosmology, with Weinberg's eponymous text as the main literature. And one of my issues is that the Einsteinian tensor notation just doesn't click with me. I can't figure out what's going on. I understand the summation convention and all, but what the equations actually represent feels completely obscured to me.

Linear algebra was never my strong side, but I've of course taken intermediate courses in QM, done some Hilbert Space algebra etc. My SR course also touched on this a little with regard to electrodynamics.

What's the proper way to approach this apart from "read chapters 1 to x over again"?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2EQESVZ

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire