dimanche 4 février 2018

Help - Problem with reduced wifi signal on my HP laptop

I have a fairly new HP Pavilion laptop and get wifi through a BT homehub 5 router. Since receiving the router from new about a year ago, my wifi signal in my living room where I mainly do my browsing has always been strong and consistent. Now it is weak and I often lose connection, which has hardly ever happened before. Nothing has changed as far as I can see. There are no obstructions between the router and my laptop, so no reason for the signal to be weak. Moving closer, very close to the router, the signal gets strong again, but moving away again back to the sofa around ten feet away, it goes weak again, and down to around 31% strength. The wifi icon now mainly shows just one bar strength, and sometimes disconnects, which is irritating when it has been so good in the past.

Now here is a strange thing. When I go on to a website to check my broadband speed the signal suddenly returns to full strength for the duration of the test, and then after the test, reverts back to weak again. I have a BT fibre service getting up to 52Mb speeds, which seems unaffected, so what the hell is going on.

My two android tablets seem to be working normally, when browsing from the sofa position, so it seems it might have something to do with my laptop rather than anything wrong with the router.

Any suggestions to remedy the problem would be welcomed.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2E39seT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire