mardi 20 février 2018

Life Science for Indigo Grade Schoolers?

My son was reviewing nutrition and the food chain for his science exam (they have exams in the third grade here) last week, and we got to the part that used to be all about plants using chlorophyll and it wasn't there. Maybe it's for older kids, but the lesson that was there, roughly translated, informs our little darlings that all energy comes from the sun, and the closer to getting energy directly from the sun, the better the source of nutrition and energy.

Now, I'm an old geezer, so maybe new frontiers in science have passed me by, but this sounds tremendously new-agey to me. They even state that we get better energy the closer to the sun our meal is/was, e.g. eating plants is better than eating animals or fish but if you eat animals or fish, the herbivores are a better source of energy, because... sun.

I spent days and days trying to find out about a previous inquiry (wherein the science book for first graders said dinosaurs didn't fly) because I thought there was maybe a different group name for flying reptiles, but I reckoned later that you guys know everything in this sub-forum, so someone might be able to enlighten me. Is this a new trend, relating everything in the food chain to the sun's energy? Or is this some chakra-aligning sumbitz who's taken over the writing of science text books?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2HuYiBN

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire