vendredi 16 février 2018

The problem with social media

I don’t normally use social media and I rarely have any use for it. However, after checking it again recently it confirmed my fears for a platform where anything can be shared.

Today I went through my Facebook feed and unsurprisingly it was filled with news pages about the recent shooting in Florida. Yet as I was scrolling down I came across no less than 5 Conspiracy related pages and videos but what really caught my attention was the astounding number of times these pages had been shared or viewed. And some were only a few hours old.

The problem that I see here is that in a world were we get our news from our FB feed a person could easily come across some Conspiracy crap deceptively disguised as “an asking questions” page or video.

So basically a Facebook user can click on a conspiracy theory page thinking it’s a legitimate news report and being baited into believing hoax theories.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2EzFXWg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire