dimanche 18 mars 2018

Approached on sidewalk - "Jesus memorial"

Here I was, walking on the sidewalk with the dog. Minivan stops about 20 meters ahead. Dude in his 50s gets out of passenger door. Starts walking towards me. Blah blah nice day to be out walking blah blah (8:00 am on a Saturday morning). Friendly enough guy. Then he says he wants to invite me to a memorial. This memorial is for Jesus Christ. "ummm, no thanks, have a nice day" I say and walk away leaving him there.

Do these people really think they can randomly walk up to a 50 some year old guy walking his dog early Saturday morning, and expect....what exactly.
That I've never heard of Jesus? That his invitation will lead to an earth shattering revelation to me?

I get that probably he is doing it out of some sort of obligation to "spread the good news", but really, why not spend that time, I dunno, helping the poor, handing out soup at a shelter, something like that. I can't see this as an efficient way to win converts, if that is the point.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2ppPKUi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire