dimanche 4 mars 2018

Blu-ray Drive stopped recognizing Blu-Rays.

I have an ASUS laptop with an internal Blu-ray drive.

The drive reads and writes CDs and DVDs just fine, but will not longer read a Blu-ray disk. As in won't even recognize that a disk is in the drive if the disk is a Blu-ray. I've tried several commercial Blu-ray movies with the same effect.

The drive shows up in Device Manager and in File Explorer. I pulled down the most recent drivers from the Asus website.

I've tried two different commercial Blu-ray software players, PowerDVD and Leawo Blu-Ray Player (doubt that's it since the disks aren't even showing up in the drive but...) to no effect.

I plugged in my external Blu-Ray drive, worked fine with all my disks and both software players.

Can just the Blu-ray part of a Blu-ray player fail? I figure if the drive or laser failed it wouldn't read Blu-rays, CDs, or DVDs not just one of them. I can't imagine what "hardware" would fail that would only affect Blu-rays but I can't figure out what "software" would do it either.

I've heard a few vague reports online that maybe it's the generic SATA ASHI driver included with Windows 10, but since I can't find any other drivers for that I'm screwed if that's it...


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2oHc5NO

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire