dimanche 11 mars 2018

Desperately seeking obscure MacBook charger

My computer often rests on the arm of a chair and it's fallen more than a few times. It hasn't hurt the computer (I don't think) but the charger has suffered. It had a kind of magnetic housing that got twisted off, and revealed four little copper spikes that are supposed to suck up electricity. I put the housing in the charging port and plug the copper spikes into that, but bits have broken off. Until yesterday I was able to get a charging light from the charger but I don't anymore. However the computer is holding steady at 81 percent and it thinks it's charging. It must be, somewhat.

I got this Mac in another city at a small place specializing in Apple products that has had my business since 2004. I don't go there much anymore as I have moved, and I'm dreading trying to find a charger for a rebuilt late 2011 MacBook Pro (13 inches) OSX El Capitan. IIRC correctly the "late" specification may be important for finding a compatible charger. I don't want to go to an Apple store; they intimidate me. But this is kind of a specialty item and since my old store deals in rebuilt Macs (and I *trust* them) they would know if there were chargers to be had. They don't hard-sell anything but certainly wouldn't mind selling me a new computer and transferring my data to the new one. Does that require a charge on the old computer?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2DkK5Uu

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire