lundi 2 avril 2018

Is criticism of Israel antisemitic?

A touchy topic to be sure, but an earnest question. As I understand it those who believe God gave the Jews the land of Israel are using a religious interpretation. I'm an atheist so I don't think there is a God to give land to anyone . Yet are atheists expected to recognize that claim of God given land? I personally believe that the Palestinians have been treated like 3rd class citizens. Yet to question that God gave the Jews the land of Israel ( I don't believe in God) and to feel the Palestinians should have equal rights- I have been called an anti Semite. Some Jewish critice of Israeli policy (Norman Finkelstein and Noam Chomsky) have been called anitsemites simply for criticizing the Israeli government. . I always thought the creation of Israel was an artificial construct created out of the British Mandate of Palestine at the end of WW2

When is criticism of Israel valid, and when is it antisemitism?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2pYQjVy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire