lundi 21 mai 2018

Abortion, sex and the assumption of risk

Sorry if this has been discussed umpteem times.

I think I am generally pro choice. I would struggle a bit with supporting someones choice to abort. That being said I am most likely be hypocritical and go ahead and support the decision if it were me and my wife.

I think my ick factor in it all is that we would be taking action to interfere with a process that has a good chance of resulting in a live birth.
I don't object on religious grounds, I just have a nagging feeling that it is screwing with nature.

I also think, when you decide to have sex and employ contraception, you are accepting a risk that the contraception might fail (remote risk but risk none the less) and result in a pregnancy.

If you aren't will willing to accept that risk and accept the child, maybe you should not have sex rather than terminate the resultant pregnancy?

My views are pretty jumbled and inconsistent and emotionally driven on this. I really just want to hear some counter arguments to help me make my position more rationally founded.

My gut feel is it all smacks of people not willing to deal with the consequences of their actions.

I don't know. Don't bash me. I am really just looking for counter arguments to what I have said. Point out the flaws in my viewpoint please.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2IX9Zo9

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire